Updated: Jun 3, 2020
Learning does not stop if your child is staying at home due to Corona virus. You are your child’s first and most important teacher! This is an opportunity to be involved with your child’s learning. There are many ways that parents can support their children making it up to what they acquire at school.
6 Quick tips to motivate early leaners:
1. Structure a daily routine so that your children have time for learning. Prepare a daily routine that includes time to eat, sleep, play, study and read. Have a formal study time in a quiet place to study and read. Monitor your child’s screen time.
2. Communicate with child’s school and teachers. Contact your child’s school for their recommendations. Communicate with your children’s teachers and peers. Visit the school website regularly and follow instructions.
3. Monitor and support the learning. Encourage your child to review the lessons on a daily basis. Ask the older siblings to help younger children. Encourage your child to read on a daily basis and expand their vocabulary.
4. Actively engage your children. Keep switching activities to keep the interest active. Ask the children to reflect on learning with real life experiences. Celebrate success and reward.
5. Encourage questions. Give your children opportunities to ask questions. Follow up on questions and encourage them.
6. Use different methods of learning. Encourage children to develop independent learning skills. Use learning resources available online like Little Brooks Online (www.littlebrooksonline.com).